I’ve had many journal posts in my head this morning. I try to motivate myself by beginning with the photo that I know I want to use. So I did that, but this is not the post. I knew that I wanted to post to my blog journal this morning because too much time has gone by. Then little things came up that distracted me or needed my attention and before I know it, it’s time to get ready. But writing is one of my priorities, it’s something that gives me joy and relaxes me. I’ve made the choice to run late, so that I can exercise this muscle that I don’t want to wither away. (And now that I’ve chopped my hair off again into a pixie, I should be able to leave on time).

This particular post actually started with how my morning was going and the daily horoscopes that my co-worker/boss shared with me yesterday. he likes to read his daily; I actually don’t like reading the dailies, but since he handed me the page he had torn out to share his horoscope for the day, which he approved of, I decided to also peek at mine. It said something along the lines of letting the day unfold as it will and going with the flow.

I must say I needed those words. They stayed with me for the rest of the day and when I found myself at the doctor’s office for a check-up after work, I heeded those words as I wound my way up the parking garage to a completely full garage, trudging slowly behind other cars made the experience drawn out–and I still had to attempt to make it to my appointment on time. I circled my way out of the garage to the next garage. I guess Monday’s are not good days to make appointments. Full. Time was ticking and I was about to give up, but I kept that mantra in my head, go with it, things will work out. I took the parking garage as a reminder to breathe, to stay calm, to be in the moment. After circling the block, I found metered parking for two hours. I made it to my appointment. My doctor ordered some lab work and an x-ray just to be on the safe side. In short, the mantra came into play again. I was sitting there, looking at my watch, getting close to the 2-hour mark. Was I going to get a ticket? Should I ask them how much longer. No, just stay calm. Go with it. It will work out. So that’s what I did. I continued to be in the moment as best I could and let go.

It did all work out. I had just enough time to walk back to the meter at a slow pace taking in the sounds of the evening and viewing the nearly night sky.

I was thankful for the horoscope day. I needed that reminder.


I snap many photos and wanted to include one with this post that captured the lightness of the words within the horoscope. I found this one that I had actually taken when I was feeling well and there wasn’t much to eat in the kitchen, except a can of creamy chicken soup. I thought it was a cute smiley face; and it puts a smile on my face just looking back at it.