Most of my free time has been spent on reading school material. This has been a busy quarter, busier than most. I’m enjoying both of my classes very much. Going to my Wednesday night class is actually something I look forward to. Usually, I would prefer an online class when available, but in this case that wasn’t an option. My work days are longer and I have to work partial Saturdays since we’re at the height of busy season; and I don’t mind that either. 

The other day, I was surprised that when I got home after a long day, I had just enough time–to eat a quick dinner–and head into study mode to complete work on a paper that was due by midnight. I submitted it with five minutes to spare. I was surprised that I actually finished the paper. I had been working on it in bite sizes throughout the week and here I was needed to get to the minimum page count, somewhat exhausted, trying to pull it all together. I didn’t have time to give it a good once over, but I think it was good enough.

I haven’t been cooking much at all, being careful to make the best use of my time, picking up healthy dinners on those nights. Last night, hubby and I agreed to take care of ourselves for dinner because of timing. I didn’t feel like picking something up to take home, so I was thinking about what little I knew there was in the refrigerator, and started to crave an omelet. Now, this is somewhat peculiar because I don’t even like omelets! I never order them out, and as much as I love eggs, it’s just not something I normally eat. I do like egg scrambles, though I don’t like them with cheese, but I love cheese, so I see that I’m one of those people that don’t like certain food items mixed together.

So, I head home from a long day, knowing that I will continue for a few focused hours on Saturday, which is here–Hello Saturday! I get right to work in the kitchen, cooking myself dinner, not worrying about how long it’s going to take me, but going at a nice slow to medium pace. I have a couple of potatoes that never made it into a chicken soup that I made, so I get those peeled and chopped. I also chop a handful of onions. I get the pan going with oil–as it turns out, I may have added a tad too much oil, but the potatoes tasted great when they were done. 

I had a zucchini that I didn’t want to go to waste, so I sliced that. I was going to add it to the potatoes, then I thought better not too. I may have ended up with a not so nice combination of textures. I heated up another pan, added olive oil instead of canola oil this time. I sautéed those little buggers. I washed and sliced up the mushrooms, sautéed them in the zucchini pan, took out a piece of Monterey Jack Cheese and shaved off a small amount. I then pulled another pan for the omelet…by the time I went through all of this, using more pans than I had intended and taking more time than I thought, my craving for a mushroom omelet with toast on the side, turned into a bigger production than I had planned. 

I had my iTunes radio playing on the Merengue station, so I was dancing and cooking. It was a nice way to end the day. When I looked at the clock, it was close to 9:30 p.m. I never eat dinner that late. Luckily I had an apple before I left work, and I nibbled on the zucchini when they were done cooking and tested the potatoes twice.  


Yesterday before I left the house, I looked all around, up at the sky, and the trees–it was a gorgeous day already, mild and bright with sunshine. I heard a little bird. I looked up and around for it and there it was perched on the wire. It was a cute little yellow guy. I don’t know it’s true name. I took a few photos while he stayed there, then he flew away. That was how my day began and it was wonderful. It filled me with such a warm feeling. I love those little beauties. And lately it’s been nice hearing the morning doves’s cooing when I’m going through my morning ritual.